Wednesday, June 23, 2010


It has been a while,but here I am once again. :) I wonder what I should share? This part is ALWAYS the hardest for me...picking out just one recipe at a time!!

So...I guess I will share the latest new recipe I have tried for chocolate chip cookies.This recipe makes the best simple cookie recipe!The cookies turned out chewy,chocolaty and pretty like there meant to be.:)

The recipe is from Gimme Some Oven if you have not looked at her blog you certainly should! Everything I have made from it has always turned out good!

Dad’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
(From…yep…my dad!)

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup + 2 Tbsp. butter, slightly softened
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (mini, regular, or chocolate chunks!)

Method:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

Beat the sugars and butters together until smooth. Mix in the egg, vanilla, and baking soda. Stir together the flour and salt, then mix them into the batter. Mix in the chocolate chips. Drop by large spoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets.

Bake for about 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.

Ali’s Tip:

To avoid having flat cookies (with this or other recipes), be sure that the dough you pop in the oven is pretty chilled. So when you’re mixing these up initially, I’d recommend letting the prepared dough sit in the fridge for at least 20-30 minutes before baking your first batch.

No comments:

Post a Comment