Friday, February 4, 2011

Silk flower headbands

Hello Again!
Over the past week, I have been trying to make silk flower headbands!!!
I found a tutorial from a website, and I was eager to try them.
They were so cute and sounded so easy to make, that I couldn't resist.
So, I went to the store found, the cheapest satin I could, and came home and tried to make one!
It turned out so cute! I has thrilled, so obviously I had to make about six more! :) Something, really great about these headbands is that each one cost about sixty cents to make. Amazing, huh? I am planning on get some new colors (so that I won't have to have more than six in the same color...) and make some more!
Here is the link to "Make it and Love it" the blog I found the headbands on. http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2010/08/blog-post.html
You should take a look at her blog, she has some really cute and easy sounding sewing projects!
I am sure I will post some more projects soon, as I just got a brand new sewing machine for my birthday! I am planning on doing some sewing this weekend, I am so excited!

-Sarah

3 comments:

  1. Those are adorable!! My older sister has made several of those before. CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! They are so fun to make! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are adorable! Emily has been making a ton of silk flowers. They're different than these, but still... :)

    ~Alysha

    ReplyDelete